Agot Isidro, adventurous at 47



Whether it’s mountain climbing, river trekking or white water rafting, 46-year-old singer-actress Agot Isidro defies the limits of middle age. “They say (it’s when you’re at) 20’s that you do party-party, 30’s when you’re earning a lot of money and start making a niche, and 40’s is when you say, let life begin. Whatever you want to achieve, supposedly you’ve achieved in your 30’s,” Agot told Yahoo! Philippines OMG! Last February, she conquered the Philippines’ highest peak, Davao’s Mt. Apo, with her climbing buddy, Dr. Gideon Lasco, whom she met through his blog pinoymountaineer.com. “I was supposed to go to a trekking trip to Nepal last April, pero I was gonna do it alone. So up to the last minute, I was like, ‘Sige I’ll do it,’” she recounted her cancelled adventure trip to the Himalayas. “Then I went to Bali for four days. Nalungkot ako. So sabi ko, ‘Four days pa lang ‘to nalulungkot na ko, what more kung 17 days? It’s a 17-day trip. I’ll postpone it.’ Maybe in 2, 3 days kung ok na si Gid (her climbing buddy) o kung sinong gusto sumama, then I’ll go,” she continued. Accompanied by other climbing enthusiasts, Agot has reached the peak of Mt. Maculot and Pico de Loro in Batangas.


Though she knows it’s an uphill climb for someone her age, Agot is grateful she gets to meet climbing peers who gamely adjust to her limitations: “They just wait for me. Eh ako naman nakikita rin naman nila ang fighting spirit ko, ‘Kahit matanda na ko hindi ako titigil!’” She added that she eats right and exercises to keep her body fit for adventure: “I don’t eat meat…any four-legged, I don’t eat. I eat in moderation. I work out a lot when I’m not working. I go to the gym.” No regrets Agot isn’t sure if she has regrets not having done extreme adventures earlier in life. “Siguro I would have taken it for granted. Because now parang, I’m turing 47, not a lot of forty-somethings can actually say that they’ve done that. So meron din parang reward of doing it just now. Kaya pa!” Despite her failed marriage to TV host Manu Sandejas, Agot has no regrets. ‘I think things happen for a reason. It helps me if I think that way. I cannot be regretful.” The two have reportedly filed for an annulment after their 10-year marriage fell apart in 2011. “I worked myself to death. Therapy ko trabaho talaga. Which siguro is good; it keeps me distracted but not good also because it doesn’t really address the problem,” Agot said on coping with her marriage woes. Adventurous even with roles It seems nothing will stop her from doing things she wants to do before she turns 50. Agot just finished a movie where she played a schizophrenic. She is one of the lucky few who are working with ABS-CBN and GMA at the same time. Agot is taping for GMA News TV’s upcoming social realist series “Titser,” where she plays a high-school teacher whose effective, unconventional ways of teaching won’t sit well with the questionable dealings of the school principal (played by Irma Adlawan). “Na-excite ako. Parang I felt that it’s very true, ‘yung intentions nila is very true, very sincere even the way they did “Bayan Ko.” It’s more like a docu-drama,” Agot told Yahoo! Philippines OMG! on the set “Titser.” The actress concedes that the character she portrays could be a lot stronger than she is in real life: “Sandra is very brave. She leads by example. Na-experience niyo ‘yan, kaya niyo ‘yan. I’m not sure if I am that brave. Playing the character should also help me have that courage.” She only has utmost respect for teachers for their courage, determination and foresight. Agot believes her two decade-stay in showbiz is the result of her strong work ethic. “If this is in class I’m a good student. I report to work on time. I have my working hours. I don’t want the production to feel that their time is wasted if I’m maarte, if I’m late.” That’s not surprising for someone like her who finished schooling (Interior Design at UP Diliman) and pursued graduate school (Fashion Buying in the US and Communication in Ateneo). “Once you are educated or schooled, you learn something, you feel empowered . That’s very vital for anyone, especially for a person’s self worth.”

source: yahoo.ph

0 comments:

Post a Comment