Colton Dixon will spend Valentine's day in Philippines



“American Idol (AI) ”seventh placer Colton Dixon is back in Manila as  special guest AI runner-up Jessica Sanchez’s first solo concert at the Smart Araneta Coliseum on Thursday, February 14.

And he is amazed that the Christian population is making its presence felt in the country.

“I actually didn’t know how much big the Christian population is here. That’s amazing and encouraging to me. I would love to be back as often as I can,” Colton said in a roundtable interview with the press in Edsa Shangri-la Hotel on Tuesday, February 12.

Although Colton is upfront with his Christianity, he doesn’t want his songs to alienate people with different beliefs.

“I didn’t want to necessarily seclude anybody. Definitely, I just want to put something positive. I’ve heard so many music today which talk about all the wrong things, it may be great music, but lyrically it might strike a wrong chord. So, I just want to put something out there to encourage you and wake up every morning with a smile,” Colton said.

Colton added his inspirational album, like his debut CD “A Messenger” is “not necessarily” there to promote his faith. The inspirational theme just came naturally as he was writing the songs.

His single “Never Gone” became number one on the Itunes
Christian and Gospel singles chart and Billboard’s Christian Digital Songs.

Encouragement
“A lot of these songs are not necessarily based on one’s religion or another. I’m trying to be an encouragement. Even with “American Idol,” I didn’t want to be preachy. I just really want to inspire and share what I’ve been through.”

He shared that he gets in touch with fellow AI contestants often and would love to work with any of them.

“I definitely would like to collaborate with other finalists. They’re all doing great. It’s cool to see what’s going on with each other’s projects. Phillip Phillips is just running away with “Home” and Jessica is doing well here. I’m proud of everybody,” Colton said.

How will he spend Valentine’s day, now that he is miles away from his US-based girlfriend?

“I will Skype her and make her feel special via computer. That would be a challenge. Besides that, I want to see how you celebrate Valentine’s. I heard it’s a lot of traffic,”Colton answered.

0 comments:

Post a Comment