Pinoy Fans Touch ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Star’s Heart

MANILA, Philippines – Troian Bellisario, one of the four women leads on “Pretty Little Liars (PLL)”, may have her set of expectations about the Philippines from her two cast mates Lucy Hale and Fil-Canadian actress Shay Mitchell, but she certainly must not have expected to turn emotional during, of all things, a press conference.
Hosted by ETC, Troian sat with select members of the media where she said her co-star told her “awesome things” about the Philippines. “They told me that the fans are amazing, which is really cool. And just that I’m gonna have a blast, and that is totally right up my alley. There’s beautiful beaches, there’s beautiful things to see and people are warm and kind, and that it’s just some place that I couldn’t miss – so I’m here!”
It was, however, at the tail end of the get-together that a handful of her fans, the Bellisarians, were ushered into the room and it was then that things turned rather sweet and emotional.
“This is the day when I can finally say that dreams do come true,” a fan read the letter they brought her onstage. “Because now, the woman that we all admire is inches away from us… Who would have thought that we’re here staring at this gorgeous angel right now,” she continued.
Standing beside her, Troian’s eyes welled up, and she touched the fan’s arm when the latter faltered, nearly in tears as well. “Troian, we would like to thank you for spending time with us. This day is priceless; it’s incomparable. Seeing your smile and your laugh makes our hearts melt. We will always support you and love you all the way.”

This is Troian’s first time to visit the country – a trip she’s taken with her boyfriend, “Suits” star Patrick J. Adams, who’s done his own press conference a few hours earlier. The two stars have been in Asia for about eight days already. While Patrick has been to the Philippines – actually in Cebu – before in his teens, Troian has been to Bali and Thailand, mostly for vacation.
Although here partly for work and partly for a bit of a vacation, she nevertheless thinks it’s been “a really cool experience; usually I just kind of go out to the jungle, or the beach.” She shared that she “rode an elephant in the jungle” in Thailand, “and it was the coolest thing I’ve ever done!”
An adventurous sort, Troian exclaimed, “Yeah, who’s gonna pass up an experience to do something new, right?”
New to Troian also means trying out some of the local food. “It’s a little bit of a problem to me because I don’t eat meat. Whenever I talk to anybody, they’ll say, ‘Here, try this!’ And I’m like, ‘What’s in it?’ They’re like, ‘Chicken and beef!’ And I’m like, ‘Well, dang it!’
A challenge, however, doesn’t go unanswered for this lovely lady. “But I have been very adventurous in that I tried durian,” she declared. “I was so thrilled to find out that it tastes better than it smells.”
She insisted, “I’m a girl that has to go through with a dare – I can’t not do it. They put it (durian) in front of me and I was like, ‘This is gonna be so easy!’ And the longer it’s stood there, it smells really intense. ‘Oh, God, I gotta eat this now…’”
She didn’t balk, though. “It wasn’t terrible; it was actually really good. It was like a cheese fruit, you know what I mean,” she said, noting its creamy and rich texture.
“I’ve been eating my body weight in mangoes since I’ve been here,” added the self-confessed dried mango fan. “So when I got here, there was a bowl of dried mangoes – I ate it and I was like the happiest girl and like about an hour later, I was like crying on the bed, ‘My stomach is killing me!’”
Opening up about her relationship with Patrick, Troian noted, “We were both very fortunate in that we both fell in love before we got our shows, so the coolest thing about being in a relationship with him is that I got to see – and he got to see for me – what this roller coaster is like.” The only downside so far, she said, was that, with both of them being on Twitter and Instagram, “people are taking it and running away with it that’s not us, that’s not real,” noting how they had been rumored to be engaged three times already – something they’ve had to explain to their families. Although she said they are now trying to keep things more private, “people are gonna say what they wanna say about it so you kind of just have to ignore it.”
Now that they are here in the country, Troian noted, “I’m not allowed to do anything… he’s like, if you plan anything I will kill you!” Apparently, her Manila presscon is her biggest work schedule yet, but Patrick “has been going crazy on this press tour; doing this almost every day on this tour.” After all the media activities, and Patrick just wanting to kick back and “snooze in the corner” on a beach somewhere, Troian is glad it would give her time to “swim, surf, write, read… and all the things I want to do.”
Fans know Troian’s character, Spencer Hastings as the most levelheaded of the lot; a straight-A student and overachiever who nevertheless discovers her own family is far from perfect. “I was very much like Spencer when I was in high school; super academic, freaked out by everything. And then I kind of grew up and learned to chill out,” she admitted.
Playing the role is fun for Troian, “because it’s kind of like growing up and looking back on who I was, in a sense,” admitting that she “put so much pressure on myself when I was younger.”
“It’s kinda nice to look back and be like, ‘Oh wow, that poor little girl.’ That’s the way I feel about Spencer, she’s like a little younger version of me.”
“Pretty Little Liars,” which is wrapping up its third season and has been signed up for a fourth, is matched aired with the U.S. on ETC every Saturday at 8 p.m. Its Season 3 finale airs on March 23.

source: manila bulletin

0 comments:

Post a Comment