Patrick Adams of 'Suits' loves PH mangoes, beaches

MANILA, Philippines – This is not the first time in the Philippines for Canadian actor Patrick J. Adams, who is back in the country for a bit of work and some rest and recreation to further explore the local culture.
Known for his role in the American TV legal drama “Suits,” Adams said he visited the Philippines 15 years ago and discovered that the best mangoes in the world could be found here.
“We stayed in a resort in Cebu and we spent a couple of days in town. My father’s a journalist so we get to travel. We had a great time, so much mangoes. It’s so good here,” he said at a press conference on Wednesday.
While he feels unfortunate that he’s only been in the hotel since he arrived in Manila on Tuesday, Adams said he and girlfriend Troian Bellisario are looking forward to seeing nice beaches in the country in the coming days.
“We just got in yesterday and we literally went straight to the room and ate food and for a run in the gym. Now we are here. So all I’ve seen in Manila is this hotel and it’s a beautiful hotel. Sadly, we don’t have a lot of time,” he said.
“But we are gonna take off to some secret location. We’re gonna visit a beach somewhere for a while. We are trying to just keep it quiet,” he added.

Asked of his first impression of the Philippines, Adams said: “It is so beautiful. I went scuba diving the first time I was here. The water is gorgeous and beautiful. The people are so warm and welcoming.”
On Mike Ross and ‘Suits’
Aside from planning to enjoy the beach, the actor also made a pitch about his series “Suits” which he headlines along with actor Gabriel Macht.
In the series, Adams plays the role of Mike Ross, as a genius college dropout who lands the job of an associate of Harvey Specter (Macht), one of New York City's best lawyers.
Asked if he really ever dreamed of becoming a lawyer in real life, Adams said: “I never really wanted to become a lawyer. My mom wanted me to become a lawyer because when you tell your mother you want to become an actor, she’ll stare at you blankly for a long time.”
“My mom wanted me to be wearing a suit everyday. I said I’m never gonna wear a suit everyday, that’s never gonna happen. Now she’s laughing. I was never a remarkably good student so probably going to a school like Harvard was not... I did want to go to school to become an actor,” he added.
Despite this, Adams revealed that he has a lot of similarities with Ross.
“I think I’m more like Mike. I think Gabriel is more like Mike too. Who’s really like Harvey Specter? I don’t know why they call me Baby Harvey. They can just stop,” he said laughing. “I have a lot of similarities with Mike. We’re both those guys who are trying to find the good int hings and trying to do what’s right and sometimes losing sight of the bigger picture.”
Adams also shared his take on the role of education in having a successful career. This is in the light of Ross’ character in “Suits” where he gets to work in the best law firm in New York City even though he’s considered a fraud for being a “fake lawyer.”
“I think at least in the United States, there are a lot of people who have proven that massive amount of success are not dependent on formal education. I think formal education is good but I think there is something a little bit missing from the process of formal education which is somebody engaging their own curiosity,” he said.
“We have people like Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs or people who have gotten to do incredible things and basically build industries on their own because they didn’t want to play by the same game... There are certain visionary people that need to have room to sort of experiment and to think outside the box. That being said, I don’t think people should not go to school because they are lazy,” he added.
Currently in hiatus after the season two finale of “Suits,” the series will be back in June for its third season.

source: abs-cbn

0 comments:

Post a Comment